For Part 1, click here.
For Part 2, click here.
So... you've infused your butter with the very best hemp flower money can buy (psst... you can get it from our online store). But what now? Well, obviously the next step is to cook something delicious, but not necessarily nutritious. We understand, you are all about healthy eating. The body is a temple, right? Well... shouldn't you worship it just a bit with something tasty and sweet? Of course you should!
We've cooked a lot of things in our kitchen, and one of the biggest secrets we have is to NOT overheat your butter, which could undo all that hard work you've done. So, we decided that the perfect recipe for you to give your cannabutter a go is an ooey, gooey, decadent treat with LOTS of butter, sugar, and love.
We present... the Millionaire CannaButter Shortbread Cookie!
Step 3: The Recipe
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) butter , room temperature
- 2/3 cup (5oz/142g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (10oz/284g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons infused "cannabutter"
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup, light or dark
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Generous pinch salt
- 1 1/3 cup (8oz/225g) milk chocolate , chopped
- Flake salt
For the Shortbread Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F then butter and line an 8-inch (or 9-inch) square pan with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric handheld mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until pale yellow.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until the dough comes together. Don’t overmix as you still want the shortbread to be crumbly when baked.
- Bake for roughly 32-35 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Allow to cool completely before moving on to next step.
For the Caramel Filling:
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, butters, and syrup in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat while whisking constantly.
- Continue to simmer over low heat until the mixture thickens and turns into a rich amber color, about 15-20 minutes. The caramel will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan as it thickens.
- Remove from heat and quickly mix in vanilla and salt. Pour caramel over the cooled shortbread and spread evenly. Allow to fully cool at room temperature for about 2-3 hours or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
For the Chocolate Layer:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. The chocolate can burn if heated too quickly, so work in 30 second intervals until just melted and smooth, stirring in between heatings. Pour directly over caramel and smooth into the edges. Sprinkle with flake salt, and allow to cool completely, at room temp or in the fridge.
- To cut, pull sides of parchment to release the shortbread base and set on a cutting board. Cut into 16 (or more) squares. This is a VERY decadent and rich dessert, so cut according to your serving preference. Store in a sealed container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Do these sound delicious? Decadent? Made for a millionaire? They are! Give this recipe a try and share your mouth-wateringest results pic with us on Facebook or Instagram. We'd love to revel in your success!